View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
While individual clothing may vary, every sorority on our campus wears the Charles River pullover/windbreaker. It has a flannel lining, a quarter zip in the front with a velcro pouch. Each group decides on their jacket color. We've always had navy jackets with green/blue/white plaid letters on the back and our pledge name and chapter on the front left chest. It was so convenient to wear them around campus, especially in the rain!

My chapter did the pullovers but that was a change from the big crazy fancy jackets (that, while I was there, everyone else still did). Our fancy jackets (that got passed down sometimes) were white, with Gannon on the elastic on the bottom, the elastic was red, yellow, and green, the 3' letters on the back were red, yellow and green, with our names, pledge class, and chapter designation on the sleeve.

We switched to the Charles River pullovers, in black, red, yellow and green (because try finding buff out there, seriously!) 3' letters on the back, with name and pledge class on the front (almost always in white), and sometimes chapter designation on the sleeve.

Even where Erie was really cold, we found that we could wear the pullovers year round (with sweatshirts underneath them in the winter!) whereas the white jackets were so warm that we could only wear them really in the winter.

My sister-mother had both the white jacket and the pullover. Hers was the last class to buy the white jackets.

ETA: You're right about the rain - I still wear mine in the rain.