View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
While I definitely agree it's not their job or responsibility to try to affect our culture, I can see that they are definitely affected in many of these circumstances due to guilt by association.

The solution for fraternities will not be the same as the solution for sororities/women's fraternities. Members of men's organizations don't have the option of simply partying at someone else's house because there is nobody else's house to party at.

If there was a solution to underage drinking, then one of the 50 states which already outlaw it would have figured that one out by now.

Well that's kind of what I am saying. I find it troublesome that the women should say that they want to change fraternity culture, all the while they are partaking in the allegedly inappropriate activities with the fraternities. Like you said upthread somewhere, it's all well and good to say that when you're not the one taking on the liability.

I think, though, that it's the general culture of over-indulgence that needs to be addressed. There's no good reason for any student to be slogging back so much alcohol that it kills them.

True and Constant