View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPalmTree View Post
I'm not going to name the sororities just in case any FSU sorority girls are looking on here I am a legacy to Sorority A (through my grandmother and my great-grandmother and great-aunt were also in it) & Sorority B (through my mother)... and I am rushing this fall. What exactly does being a legacy mean? Are you guaranteed a bid? Is it desirable for a sorority to have a legacy in their pledge class?

Also, is it okay to send multiple recommendations to a certain sorority, or is it overkill?

Thank you
Check with your relatives to make sure that their status as a member actually makes you a legacy. I know of at least one NPC group that doesn't count grandmothers for legacy status, and I don't know of anyone who counts aunts, great grandmothers or great aunts. Obviously you are a legacy through your mother. Most NPC organizations only guarantee a legacy a courtesy invitation past the first round. They may not HAVE to invite you back after that. Some chapters, however, value legacies very highly and like to pledge them, but like others have said, some chapters can't possibly take all of their legacies.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!