View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Size_Small View Post
Hello ladies of GC!

I will be attending an SEC university in the fall, and while it does not have a crazy Alabama-like competitive rush, it's not a cake walk either. There is a certain sorority at my school which is known as a very solid chapter, with high GPA, good reputation, lots of on-campus participation and leadership, etc. It's popular with the studious and conservative girls in my neighborhood/High School, and I think I would be happy with a bid here if offered. The only "problem" is that this chapter also has a reputation for aggressive recruitment tactics/dirty rushing. They've actually been fined by the university and gotten in trouble by a local Panhellenic group before, but they've never been on probation. Some of my older friends from high school activities have confirmed some of the rumors, and even now that Summer is starting and silence is in effect, I've noticed a few questionable things. My question to you, ladies of GC, is would you let this questionable recruiting tactic prevent yourself from preffing this particular chapter if you happen to go that far? I'd really like some of your input and advice! It would definitely be a change from the gossip and hyperbole from some of my very bored and very 18 year old friends.
Silence has started already? Wow... that is REALLY strict. Yes, some chapters are far more "aggressive" in their rush tactics. It might not be strictly by the rules, but I guess I would consider how far over the line they go.