View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zTaalum View Post
If a state has moved into phase 3 there is no reason why they shouldn't have one especially if on campus classes are being held.
I read something yesterday that made me think rush should be deferred until January even if colleges are back to school in person: Don't do all non-essential things at once.

Meaning don't go to the salon, then to a gift store, then to a restaurant all in short order, whether on the same day or within a week's time. Space out the non-essentials to avoid crowds. Add in backlash which can lead to re-infection: in Stillwater, OK (home to Oklahoma State) there was such an uproar about people being required to wear masks into stores so the mayor suspended requiring masks (but "encouraging" people to wear them which won't enforce it and make the difference it should). That's a recipe for disaster.

Bottom line: there's no reason to hold rush in the fall given the pandemic. Let students come back to campus. They'll be clustered enough in classes, dorms and if football resumes, at games. Things need to resume slowly, as being recommended, in stages.

Why add another (and yes, non-essential) activity into the mix? Many schools hold deferred rush, with success from what I've read on here, so this could be an option.

Last edited by NYCMS; 05-03-2020 at 10:57 AM.