View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Retro Recruitment

I'm bored sitting around the house and I figured I'd use this time to start my retro-recruitment thread. I hope jessicasigkap won't think I'm stealing her thunder... I just actually have time to type things up! I went through formal recruitment at UGA in Fall 2001, so since it was so recent I will be making some changes to my notes when I type them (since it'd be pretty easy to tell who it was if I mentioned dress color, as most houses still wear the same colors for round one).

A little about me prior to recruitment: I turned 18 the first day of recruitment and was going through as a first-semester freshman, but I didn't realize it might be bad to mention that I was planning to graduate in only three years. Despite having several Greeks in my family, I did not have any idea what to expect from an SEC recruitment and neither did they. I had recs for some of the houses, but certainly not all. I didn't have very many Greek friends on campus, but most of the girls on my hall in the dorm were very well-prepared for recruitment by their moms/sisters/friends, so it was interesting to hear what they had to say since they had already heard a lot about the houses.

Since I am a theatre girl, I'm naming the 18 houses after Broadway musical characters. No, the names don't mean anything (i.e. Marian Paroo is not uptight and Roxie Hart is not a killer, etc.)

Marian Paroo
Roxie Hart
Margo Channing
Reno Sweeney
Lois Lane
Annie Oakley
Janet Weiss
Babe Williams
Dolly Levi
Julie Jordan
Carrie Pipperidge
Eva Peron