View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma_girl52 View Post
I guess my only concern with Gamma Sigs joining other organizations that are more "prominent" is that they tend to "forget where they came from" and don't give GSS a second thought; thus you have many Gamma Sigs that are leery of those who join the organization just to get service hours to pledge another sorority (it happens). There's not a lot we can do about that other than continue to encourage those members to continue to be active with us.

Wow, I have never heard of that. Of course, I have been out of college for over 10 years. I do worry about dwindling commitment as the years go on. I know that we are growing in the south, and that is so exciting. I wish I knew the secret to doing so. I would love to see us recolonize some of our old chapters. In my district, I think we have only 2 active collegiate chapters (that might be down to one), and that makes me sad. But, I am proud of our collegiates who continue to thrive.

I am happy to be active in my alumnae chapter, but unfortunately I cannot make convention. I need to find some ways to give more back to the sorority, in addition to service projects. If I was hoping to get some ideas from convention. you have any ideas, let me know. I am the youngest in my alum chapter by about 20 years, and I would hate to see us disappear.

Thanks for the insight.
Hugs!