View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I went thru rush in the mid 80's when I was a junior transfer student at a mid-sized Texas university. I made it all the way until the last round before Prefs without getting cut. I cut one group because I thought they were too hyper during the first round with their jumping up and down and clapping. And, the girl I was paired up with was really short and looked like an old lady to me. As it turns out, she was an officer.
And I had to cut one more so I cut one that had really pretty and fun girls but I thought their colors were too preppy! I just could not get beyond the stereotype of those colors. Well, the tables turned because I ended up only getting invited to one pref party after such a good week of rushing. It was upsetting. To make it even worse, I did not get a bid. In hindsight, I really screwed up during Rush. I should have gone with my heart and picked a group I already fit into instead of trying to fit into one. Does that make sense? Does anyone have a similar story to tell?