View Single Post
Old 09-30-2001, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, yes it did get worse!

So second night I go to ADPi first. My freshman year I always heard that ADPi was the stereotypical sorority. They were the blonde haired beauty queens. The girl that picked me up at the door I knew from my freshman year. She started telling me how she knew I had heard about them and what their stereotype was but I shouldn't listen to that because they were so much more. We actually had a good conversation even though when I had known her from before she wasn't very nice to me. So I left their house very interested.

Then I went to AOPi. I knew already that I would be cut from them because one of their members and I got into it about sororities my freshman year. She told me that I didn't like them because I wasn't invited into one and I told her I didn't like them because people like her were in them (I was a freshman who hated sororities, remember?). The girl I talked to was nice, I guess, she kept telling me how many sisters had the same major as me and how great AOPi was but couldn't tell me why (she also told me it was her first rush on that side). I really liked the second girl I talked to, though. She was a junior, really down to earth and a lot of fun. We actually talked about how rush was so stressful and how we wished we were in sweatpants! I left there really liking some of the girls I met but knowing I wouldn't be invited back, which I was okay with.

Then I went to Phi Mu. Remember my freshman year I had met a lot of Phi Mu's. They were never nice to me because I was independant. Those girls (ten of them!) didn't even say hello to me, smile, or anything. So I went through their house and the girl that I had I was very honest with. She was SO NICE! I told her who I already knew and I told her that we had never gotten along but I wanted her to know that I thought she was different from them and I thanked her for that! I left there in awe that she was actually a member of a group of women that I didn't think highly of.

Then I went to Chi O. I met three girls. The first was very sweet, very nice. She was really energetic and answered a lot of questions and made me feel at home. The second girl I talked to was a senior. She made it a point to tell me that, a lot. I asked her about community service and she said "We are supposed to do it, but I always pay the fine instead!" and then when i asked her about their philanthropy she turned and asked someone else, same for asking about dues. The last girl I talked to really did it, though! She said "Hi my name is Casey, if you were going to be a piece of furniture what would you be and why?". I looked at her stunned and she repeated the question. I told her that I couldn't answer that and asked her if she was serious. She said yes she was. Needless to say I was totally speechless, I didn't answer it and changed the question asking to see their display boards. I left there dumbstruck.... "What piece of furniture would you be and why?" PUH LEASE!

So those were house tours. So the next day I go back and we get our invites... drumroll.... I was invited back to 4 out of 7. AOPi, Phi Mu and Chi O dropped me. I was really not excited about going back to Sigma Kappa, but other than that I was thrilled. The only ones I was interested in after the first rounds were KD, AGD and ADPi. So I was pumped for theme rounds.

My first party was Sigma Kappa. They did a Clueless theme. I hated it. They had girls singing that couldn't and the girl I talked to kept saying "You know?" It drove me crazy! Probably because I already didn't want to be there. So it was over and I left like I came in.
Second party was ADPi. They do a Hee Haw theme and it is funny. They have two old grannies talking about the good ole days. It was funny but the girl I talked to was superficial. I finally found myself in the middle of their skit saying to myself "I couldn't cry in front of this girl because I would be afraid of my mascara running". So that is when I realized I wasn't meant to be there. It wasn't a bad thing, that one girl turned me off to them but mainly because she and I couldn't hit it off.
Third party was KD. They had a great skit, Grease. I loved it. One of the girls that I already knew was in it as Frankie Valey's part (Beauty School Drop out) and she was wearing a white jumpsuit with green underwear underneath. The girl i was sitting with told me about how funny it was that she didn't know you could see through it. I thought it was horrible. I had a good time but again the girl rushing me and I didn't hit it off and she made me feel like I had to keep the conversation flowing. I wasn't feeling it like I had the day before but I still felt okay about them.
So then I went to AGD. I talked to three girls. The first was someone I knew before rush. We were talking about things and she got quiet and I asked her if she was okay, and she started to get tears in her eyes. She said her fiancee had just left for Bosnia for eight months and her cat died. I felt awful. Three girls immediately came over and comforted her. I thought that was awesome. She told me she hoped to see me at pref and to have a great rush no matter what. The next person I talked to was the president and then a senior named Jamie. She made me laugh the entire while. They did a skit about a lost rushee and sang True Colors together. It was really cheesy.
So by the end of the day I was down to KD and AGD.
More on pref tomorrow!

Facebook