View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi all,
Thank you again for all the suggestions! I thought I'd give you an update from my meeting at the bank. I sat down with the assistant branch manager and explained the situation. She said that the first thing we would need was a letter from our National Office giving us permission to use the sorority's name and to open a bank account associated with them. We would also need a copy of their 501c forms, and we would need to file for a tax ID number. We would also need to register our "business" with the state of PA and submit a list of board members allowed access to the bank account to both the bank and the state. We would also need a $500 minimum in our account every month or it would be closed. After we submit all of this, they'll send the paperwork to loss prevention and if they approve, we'll be allowed to open a bank account. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, we don't think we'll be able to open a bank account at this time. I'm not sure if this is the same at every bank or even in every state, but I thought you would all find this interesting.

33girl, interestingly enough, there's a Pittsburgh SDT Alumnae League registered with the state of PA. There's no log of who registered it with the state or any board members, and there's no information on when the group was registered with the state.

Thank you all again!