View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
It's pretty common to go to other places in between for photos (at least here it is). I've been in quite a few weddings where we've done this. Some people leave time between ceremony and reception for this purpose. I think beach photos 2 miles away is no big deal.

I personally wouldn't go anywhere too far. I was once in a wedding where the bride left 2.5 hrs between for us to go to a park that was an hour away for pics.
Yikes, an hour away is a bit ridiculous. I think realistically it would be like 45 minutes to an hour for the photos including travel time to and from the beach. I just don't want people "cocktailing" for a really long period of time (like 2.5 hours) and come back to a drunk group of people. That would be a bad move. Granted the location we're likely doing it at only allows beer and wine, but people can still drink a lot in 2 hours.

What about doing photos before the ceremony? I know it's becoming more common but all the superstitions, etc about not seeing each other beforehand still stick in my head.