View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
But perhaps some legal experts can chine in here. Kevin?
Sounds like someone paid a consultant who is advising Alpha Phi to treat their volunteers in the same manner as a business would treat franchisees and employees.

Since we're missing the definitions of "Confidential Information," I'm not sure how legally sound it is. I would suggest that practically, if I wanted to create an "EFFXYZ" profile, and publish confidential information on social media while hiding behind a VPN, there's no real recourse if the organization can't prove I did it.

And since the confidential information rarely is something along the lines of "Alpha Phi House Corporation is considering acquiring property in this area," and more along the lines of "Alpha Phi encourages member selection to heavily consider physical appearance of PNMs," the goal and what is being protected is fundamentally different. Younger members are going to be savvy enough to cover up their tracks if they disseminate information.

So you've slapped your volunteers in the face with very little to show for it. Super smart move.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma