View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear Kirkwood:

I had a wonderful recruitment as a sophomore, but only becuase I had an extremely open mind about the whole process. after 19 party I fell in love with one house especially, and didn't get asked back for 14. I was upset momentarily, but moved past it instantly when I looked optimistically at the rest of the houses on my list.

After 8 party I had about 6 houses that I was absolutely in love with, but there was one that stood out from the rest.. the entire night before 3 party I had my mind set that I was going to be in that house- but when I got my list back for 3 party it wasnt on there. again I was momentarily sad, but the house that got bumped up at took their spot was also a chapter that I loved, and rather then dwelling on the fact that I didnt get my favorite house back, i got excited that I had the opportunity to go back to other amazing chapters.

To be honest i am happy that I rushed as a sophomore rather then as a freshman. I went through recruitment with confidence (even though i had heard all the horror stories of sophomore recruitment) and didnt let any predisposed judgements about chapters skew how i ranked them. I didnt worry about if the girls liked me or not- I was just myself.There were so many girls who dropped out of recruitment because they didnt get "the house" back. I had two opportunities to give up, and Im so glad that I kept going with an open mind- I couldnt be happier now

I know you heard it a bunch through recruitment- but as long as you keep an open mind and have fun with the whole process, you really will end up where you are supposed to be.