View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter did a "Leader of the Pack" skit which did a good job helping us recruit girls who fit in well with our chapter. Everyone else had sweet, cute or sentimental themes, but ours was very funny and a little edgy and helped differentiate us (some girls were dressed in 50's skirts, but others had rolled up jeans and white t-shirts with cigarettes rolled up in the sleeves). Tended to put-off the sweeter girls, but it did help the more outgoing ones realize that we might be the place for them.

A little off-topic, but Kreich's post just reminded me of a GREAT social we had with the same ski-lodge theme!! I haven't thought about that for years, and have no idea what fraternity it was, but I remember we all got to wear our cutest ski sweaters and drink hot spiked cider (yeah, the joys of going to school pre-risk management). It was REALLY cold at Penn State in the winter, so they just turned down the heat so we didn't roast in all that wool). Plus a lot of the houses had fireplaces, and it was a good excuse for the guys to have a fire going (again with the risk management) Thanks for the great memory Kreich!! I'm going to have to ask about that at an upcoming reunion and see if anyone else emembers it.

Last edited by LionTamer; 07-23-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: claification