View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Peter, Paul, and Mary. Got to meet them backstage as I was an officer of a state student government association. Mary asked if she could participate in our conference, a Human Relations conference. We said "Yes!" with alacrity and put her on a panel. They had just come from Selma. Mary was a very dynamic and committed woman. The men not so much. One was interested in solely where he could play golf the next day.

Linda Ronstadt before she became really famous. Was at a tiny hole in the wall in DC. Wonderful.

The Seldom Scene, both when they started out playing in a hole in the wall in the DC area and where we now live.

Robin and Linda Williams. They live right down the road from us and we have seen them, met them, and talked with them many, many times. Terrific performers and human beings.

Garrison Keillor. Robin and Linda Williams above brought him to our parts. Got to see the concert then meet and talk with him afterwards. Hadn't realized he was so tall!

Now classical as I have very eclectic taste in music.

The Academy of Saint Martins in the Field. Mesmerizing.

Many concerts in Dallas, the DC area, and Vienna, Austria. The Musikverein gives chills and heard world class orchestras there.

Our very gifted internationally known musicians who come to perform here for ten days in the summer.

Can I include opera? The most spectacular have been in the Staatsoper in Vienna, Austria. Just seeing a performance there is an event. My dream is to see Placido Domingo perform. He makes this old married woman weak in the knees!

Chi Omega