View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Regime Change, and Need With Recruitment

Hey fellow greeks!

Officer elections are happening right now in my house and I know I will become the new recruitment chairman. I have a pretty detailed outline of what I want to happen this spring, summer, and upcoming fall for recruitment. The only problem is for us, fall recruitment doesn't go in our favor. Most of the guys going through rush either choose a fraternity based on it's size (which is not good for us since we're one of the smaller fraternities, with one of the smallest houses) or they drop out. Our entire greek system is "dry" so we can't host any parties, and since we have low numbers in members, all of us are required to live in the house, so that puts apartment parties out of the question. The way our recruitment week is structured is the first day, all the guys travel to all the houses and stay about 30 minutes each. After that day they make their first cuts. Days 2-4 are sponsored events by each house, and the guys in rush choose which events they want to go to. During those days they continue to cut more houses, and we cut guys as well during this time. Here's the problem, all the guys go to the big houses, simple based on the size of their house and members. How can I change this? Please if you have any ideas please let me know.