View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Overall.
Do you mean 2008? Instead of 2007? I had understood (thanks to Zillini) that the total amount starting was roughly the same as 2008...maybe a dozen or so less. Or more. But roughly the same.
Yes, having another sorority to put into the equation will definitely affect numbers.
I believe Ole Miss' quota was 92 a couple or three years ago.
No, I mean 2007. I remember seeing that 1410 signed up for Alabama sorority rush that year as opposed to last years' record of 1604. Also, I remember Zillini saying on this thread last year that freshman quota at Bama' was 78 and upperclassman quota 8 for an overall total of 86. Assuming all this is true, a 70 to 75 overall quota would seem like quite a steep drop; but that number does sound about right for freshman quota this year.

Perhaps interestingly, back to the Ole Miss quota thing, I remember a couple of years ago OleMissGlitter giving on this board the total number of women signed up for Ole Miss sorority recruitment year-by-year since about 2000. I think 2003 was the record year for Ole Miss sorority rush, that year about 900 girls signed up. According to a Daily Mississippian article that year "About 1,500 join greek organizations", quota was 86 with all nine sororities at Ole Miss making quota. In that record year at Ole Miss, quota was exactly equal to Alabama's overall last year, although Ole Miss doesn't currently have an upperclassman quota. But if I remember right from OleMissGlitter's numbers, about 890 girls signed up for Ole Miss sorority rush in 2006, so yeah, maybe quota was 92 that year. If so, sounds like Ole Miss Panhellenic had a really good year with placement!