View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Why in the world should a lady be expected to join a house she didn't wan

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
It depends why she "just doesn't like it." Is it because she feels she has nothing in common with the sisters, or because it isn't the most popular house? There are women - and we've seen some on GC - who go into rush liking the top 1-3 houses - thinking that they DESERVE to be in those houses - and if they get cut from those don't want to go on. It has NOTHING to do with how she related to the women in the chapter or how she feels about the sorority's values or mission - it has to do with "oh boo hoo, I was top of the heap in high school and OBVIOUSLY I should be there now as well." Sorry, but don't expect me to cry any tears for this sort of thinking.

RIGHT. That's why I very specifically said:

"Now, before someone goes off on one, let's qualify that sometimes a PNM's disappointment stems from not getting her first choice house and nothing else. These girls truly do like their 2nd choice, but, they are momentarily blinded by their emotions. In that moment of disappointment, they think that NONE of the choices are good because they got cut by that ONE chapter. These girls are the ones which need to be gently reminded about how they really liked their other houses too and how they should stay in recruitment."

.....Kelly

True and Constant