View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
As it's been stated already.... you canNOT "wing it" at an SEC recruitment. She will be dropped after first round, it does not matter how unique and wonderful she is. There are girls who already have recs for every chapter for recruitment this fall! Some of these ladies have everything your daughter has AND they've been preparing for rush the last three years!
I know that this is an unpopular statement, since we (rightfully) stress the importance of preparation for recruitment, but it's not 100% impossible to succeed in SEC recruitment without preparation. I went through at an SEC school, had only one rec which was to a chapter that dropped me round 1, and still had full party schedules and got my first choice sorority. It's not the smart way to do recruitment - why handicap yourself from the beginning for any reason other than ignorance of the system? - but I don't want SEC PNMs to decide "it's not even worth it to try since I decided to rush last minute." You are not guaranteed to fail without advance preparation, but it will be a good deal harder to succeed.