View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCo View Post
That is pretty much what I thought from the little that I have seen on this site today. I am not sure she is really interested enough to do all that work that is required for the SEC school sororities. Networking would be especially challenging because of the distance we are from these schools. So it looks like perhaps she can seek out other activities such as those offered through the honors programs/ dorms, dance team, and or performance related activities associated with a dance minor. Although I think she might just do a little research and then try to wing it at rush time. If she is not willing to put alot into it I think it is safe to say she probably would not be overly disappointed if she didn't get in. However it is good to have this info and it will, I am sure, help narrow down the college choices.
As it's been stated already.... you canNOT "wing it" at an SEC recruitment. She will be dropped after first round, it does not matter how unique and wonderful she is. There are girls who already have recs for every chapter for recruitment this fall! Some of these ladies have everything your daughter has AND they've been preparing for rush the last three years!

You must secure recs from sorority members before recruitment. This does NOT mean you must get a rec from an alumnae from that specific chapter. So if you know an alumnae from ABC sorority who went to Midwest State U, she can indeed write your daughter a rec for the ABC Chapter at University of SEC. Recs are a MUST to even be seriously considered at any chapter at all SEC schools.