View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 02:48 PM
wreckingcrew

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
OH NO!

Am I OK since my leanings are so "vanilla?" Or do I need to take an unielding stance one way or the other -- depending on which of my fellow mods you listen to, the conservatives or liberals? Yes, believe it or not, I think we have both.

I hate to start off this moderator thing with two strikes against me.

On the other hand, not cleaving to one strict ideology makes it so much easier in the voting booth when the choice is between a reasonably qualified candidate whom I like vs. some idiot from a group I generally claim to be a part of who has ideas I find stupid.

But, then, I usually feel like both "sides" have some decent planks in their platform, and choose the side I agree with most.

Kinda reminds me of that old cheer: "Lean to the "Left", Lean to the "Right", Stand Up, Sit Down, Upchuck twice. Wait, I think I made that last part up. Just the way I feel presently.

All of this because I don't want to be painted with the same brush as 74 other moderators. I doubt that any of us do.
DA,

Was merely pointing out that some apparantly believe that one's political affiliation plays a major part in their ability to moderate a Greek website. I for one think that one's political stance has little to no bearing on their abliltiy to be a fair and capable moderator. Although Munchkin and I (Munch, just using you for an example) do not see eye to eye on some things, i think she is a relatively level-headed person and think she would make a fair mod.

My entire post was meant tongue-in-cheek for certain individuals who know who they are.

Kitso
KS 361 times it's SARCASM folks