View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ChildoftheHorn
Yeah,

My grandma is still not happy that I didnt join her sorority. She had her heart set on it for a long time from what I can tell. I mean, she used to look after me in the summertime while my parents were at wokr. Her sisters would and still do meet twice a week to play bridge. I grew up knowing all of them and I guess I learned a few things I shouldn't know (don't worry, I haven't passed it on). I didn't even realize those were secrets till I got to college!

My mother's sorority isn't at my school, so it wasn't an issue.

My aunt also really wanted me to join her sorority, very badly. She was even telling me the stuff that the members do to indicate a bad conversation, even worse, the "let her go sign". Man, I was having a bad day during the second to last day of recruitment and was not my usual self.

It showed and I had the most cuts that day. It was aweful and I could hear my grandmother crying in the background when I told her. My aunt took it better, but I have only ever seen her cry once. Worst of all, I felt like I had dissappointed them. It was expected of me to join a certain sorority, and I had failed them. Parents may go through a lot, but if you are a legacy you will have to go through much worse. All your known life you have had a certain thing placed before you and you have now caused people you love pain. That is what it feels like.

I will say, however, fate can be a cruel and giving mistress. I could not have asked for a group of people that I could more call sisters. There is just something that clicks and makes you realize how it just wasn't there before or with anyone else.