View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyPHA View Post
Hello Everyone !
(Im new to the site, so apologies if this thread has been discussed)

Im sort of wondering is how does the Greek-letter Fraternities and Sororities feel about the Order of the Eastern Star being a Sorority?

I myself am a Star and will not get offended by anyones opinion on the matter.

I've had my sistars come to me in my Chapter that brought up wanting to stroll and call...

I personally do not see any harm in OES Chapters having fun strolling just as long as its clean simply because of our teachings, that are biblical.

How do you all feel ?

(Thanks in advance for your input )
Strolling and calling is not what makes us sororities. We are sororities because we are sisterhoods and in that case, OES is also a sorority and so are many other fraternal organizations that don't have sorority/fraternity in their name. As for wanting to stroll, no one can stop you and many are doing this anyway outside the D9 so do what you want. As for the calls, they are becoming ridiculously similar and often sound too much like ours. Overall I don't care one way or the other but I just take issue with those orgs that just want to play copycat or go out of their way to express how they are not like the D9 (because we are so bad supposedly) and then want to do EXACTLY what we do. That is my only issue.

Last edited by rhoyaltempest; 02-03-2010 at 10:10 PM.