View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

A few months back, someone from a fraternity had a similar question.

Here's what I suggested then. What I did not say in that older post is that some of the more established fraternities/sororities may have their social calendar set a year in advance. And though a particular social chair may be a polite, nice person and well intentioned, if you get any hint that you may have trouble scheduling with him, don't hesitate to bypass him. (Oh, where I say sorority, put in fraternity. You know what I mean.)

"Offer to help a particular sorority with their charity work or event. Then, if they accept, be sure to have everyone in your chapter show up en masse at the event prepared to stay all day and work hard along with the sorority. Benefits are as follows: 1) doesn't cost anything; 2) they get to see you as a group; 3) you have a better opportunity to get to know them; 4) the ice (so to speak) will be broken; 5) they will be seeing you in a good light (i.e., sober); 6) you will be mixing with them longer than at some lame party you might throw; 7) they can see how cool and enterprising you all are; 8) you will be with them long enough to learn their names; 9) their drunk, lazy-ass boyfriends won't likely be there; and 10) it doesn't cost anything."

"Good luck."

"PS - Bypass the sorority's social chair. Instead - contact the sorority's committee in charge of their charity stuff."