View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

(I'm doing it during packing breaks.....)

Round 2: House Tours

Kim and I go to get our schedules and begin the next round. She runs off upon seeing her recruitment counselor and I spot Lisa. I also notice Jane. Jane got asked back to 5 houses. I can't remember all of them, but I do know Delta Gamma and Pi Beta Phi are on there. I remember asking her why she was happy about being asked back to Pi Phi. "Why wouldn't I?" she replies. I make a comment about their reputation. She warns me to not believe everything I hear. "Katherine says that's a bad idea.". (Ironically, I also remember her being excited about Pi Phi because of the mixers they had with fraternities.)

I leave Jane to get my schedule as Kim comes over. She only has 4 invites: Tri Delta (about which she is thrilled), Chi Omega (also ecstatic), Sigma Kappa, and one other I can't recall. She is a little bummed to only have 4 houses, but she doesn't hate a single one so she says she's more than pleased. Some girls are not. I note Legacy on the phone, angrily tapping that foot again.

I finally reach Lisa and get mine. I, too, have 4.
1. Delta Zeta
2. Delta Delta Delta
3. Delta Gamma
4. Pi Beta Phi

I am a little bummed to be cut by Chi Oand Zeta which I loved, and much surprised by the Tri Delta invitation. I had loathed that party. But, they were Kim's favorite house so I was willing to try again. She laughed upon seeing my schedule: "I guess you're going to end up with Delta something. We can buy the first letter of your hooded sweatshirts."

-Delta Zeta-
I actually don't remember a lot about this house tour. My booklet says I thought the house was beautiful and huge, but I do remember the girl leading the house tour for me was extraordinarily snobby. She answered my questions (some of which, in retrospect, were really common knowledge) with a slight huff and roll of the eyes. I was hurt, wondering why I was asked back if they didn't really want me. I was surprised how quickly my opinion had changed.

-Delta Delta Delta-
I saw Kim on her way out and waved. She gave me a thumbs-up. The house was very cute. I loved the decor. The girl who rushed me today was much more friendly but I still didn't click. Kim had described a sense of being home here: I didn't get that and I knew I didn't belong here.

-Delta Gamma-
I loved it! I was absolutely blown away. I'd never seen such a beautiful house. The girl rushing me was super friendly, too. We chatted along, and it was just wonderful. I remember they had a rack for their purses and backpacks and I thought that was just the cutest idea. Their parlor was absolutely amazing. My recruitment booklet says "Gorgeous!" in big letters at the top. I knew, after leaving this house, that I was meant to be a Dee Gee just like Katherine and Jane.

-Pi Beta Phi-
My only "not Delta" house of the day, I had no recollection of the house from the previous round and went in, determined to make my own decisions and ignore the tent talk. It was a beautiful house, with very mature decorations (not like the Party Girl decor I expected). I was very pleased with it and with the girl who rushed me. I left wanting more time here, because I might be able to fit in. I just wasn't sure yet.

As I had only been asked back to four houses, my decision making was a little easier. I knew Delta Gamma would be first, followed by Pi Beta Phi. But should I put Delta Zeta, which I had LOVED Round 1 but didn't like now, last? Or, should I put the house my new best friend would likely end up in last?

I decided to give DZ another try, especially because Tri Delta just wasn't clicking with me.

1. Delta Gamma
1. Pi Beta Phi
1. Delta Zeta

2. Delta Delta Delta
3. Empty

Kim's top 3 were Delta Delta Delta, Chi Omega, and Sigma Kappa. Jane chose Delta Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, and one other one.

One last side note: I remember seeing Legacy yelling at Lisa. Apparently, Legacy had been cut from two of her legacy houses and she was furious! (She still had Delta Zeta,though, because she was with me at that house tour. She was also with me at Pi Beta Phi, and was the rudest guest. I remember her totally disinterested stance. On both the way in and out, she made comments about their weight, which I was appalled by!)

Last edited by Scrubadub; 01-14-2009 at 03:09 AM.