View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbear19 View Post
There are very few AI threads that have been posted on GC over the years that I haven't felt had some kind of negative vibe or snark involved. But, I freely admit that I could be wearing my own bias on my sleeve when I see negativity, and that very likely, none was meant at all. But, from my personal perspective, I generally agree with the OP. That does not mean I necessarily agree with the OP posting as she did - since she is new and may not necessarily understand all the nuances and history on this board.

At any rate, I will say that I always have a bit of a chip on my shoulder on GC about being an AI, because of the attitude I've seen displayed. That has NEVER, not once, translated into how I feel among my sisters in real life. I have felt encouraged, welcomed, honored, and respected for my contribution to my sorority.

I have no doubt that many of you will disagree, but the fact remains that from my perspective as a reader of thousands of threads on GC, GC members, probably unintentionally, tend to treat AIs as second class citizens. Unless it's the so-called "this is what AI is meant to be" kind of situation where the woman has been BFFs with everyone in the organization for 30 years.
As an outsider, this is also what I have observed.