View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

There are very few AI threads that have been posted on GC over the years that I haven't felt had some kind of negative vibe or snark involved. But, I freely admit that I could be wearing my own bias on my sleeve when I see negativity, and that very likely, none was meant at all. But, from my personal perspective, I generally agree with the OP. That does not mean I necessarily agree with the OP posting as she did - since she is new and may not necessarily understand all the nuances and history on this board.

At any rate, I will say that I always have a bit of a chip on my shoulder on GC about being an AI, because of the attitude I've seen displayed. That has NEVER, not once, translated into how I feel among my sisters in real life. I have felt encouraged, welcomed, honored, and respected for my contribution to my sorority.

I have no doubt that many of you will disagree, but the fact remains that from my perspective as a reader of thousands of threads on GC, GC members, probably unintentionally, tend to treat AIs as second class citizens. Unless it's the so-called "this is what AI is meant to be" kind of situation where the woman has been BFFs with everyone in the organization for 30 years.