Thread: COB Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
If Sorority B invited you to COB, that means they want to get to know you better.
Yes, if they expressly invited you, even if they cut you, it does mean that and also that they may have had some misfires with some of the women they invited back at formal rush (i.e. thought those women would be pledging them and didn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
As for the bid process, I can only share what mine was like (I only did COB, second semester, freshman year). We had to be by our phones for a period of time on that particular night. If you got a call, you were "released". If you were given a bid, during that time, you got a knock on your door and a sister handed you your bid, and she brought you to the chapter room for bid night. But that was a long time ago!!
You may not receive any absolutely defining answer one way or the other - i.e., just because they don't give you a bid now doesn't mean they won't give you a bid ever. So if you just don't hear anything, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're off their list forever. I know it might be difficult, but if this is the case, DON'T bug the sorority about what their decision is.