View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stacekat
I'm an adviser at CSULB for AOII. I'm pretty sure the links on the Greek Life Office's web page are down. At least they are supposed to be. They were supposed to be taken off as of 6/1/04 per panhellenic. And all pictures with rho gamma's were supposed to be taken off of chapter websites as of that day too.

Hrm...well, the links for Delta Zeta and Sigma Kappa are still functional (they are in the center of the page and also in the column on the left). Actually, technically, Alpha Phi's link is still there too....but because the HTML code was entered improperly the link turns up an error. Even so, I managed to notice that and was able to easily pull up their chapter website too. You may want to go to the website to see for yourself.

If the links aren't supposed to be available, then it hardly seems fair for 2 or 3 of the 7 orgs to have links while the others don't. I mean, as far as I know, Gamma Phi Beta-Gamma Eta doesn't have a website, but AOII-Lambda Beta does. If DZ, AP and SK get to have theirs up, the AOII should as well.

I'm not sure why Panhellenic would want to take the website links down. Wouldn't you want to encourage PNMs to be informed by looking at everyone's websites?

Can you explain this policy to me? I'm really curious.

If it's about evening the playing field between those that have websites and those that don't, then I don't agree with this policy. If a chapter needs a website to be competitive, then perhaps they should find a sister, alumna, family member or *someone* to help them with one. Hey....I'm all about helping. *I* would create a website for any sorority that needed one! It just doesn't seem fair that sisters who were progressive enough to get a website together (like your chapter!) don't get to share it with the PNMs.

Just in case there is a misunderstanding, please remember that your org has a website and mine doesn't. I'm actually arguing for something which favors you and not me.

.....Kelly

True and Constant