View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I work for the Extended Studies Division for the Florida Institute of Technology and we have been offering 13 different online Master's degree programs for a number of years now. Being a traditional not for profit, "Brick & Mortar" university, rather than a strictly online university (like say the Univ. of Phoenix) gives the graduate the same level of academic credibility/legitimacy as a student attending our Main Campus, as many of the professors teaching the classes online are the ones teaching the "in-person" classes. I know that with Florida Tech, if you receive your Master's degree from any of our off campus Graduate sites, including the Virtual Campus, it is the same degree program, same requirements as our main campus in Melbourne, Florida and you receive the same diploma. Online classes aren't for everyone, but it is a wonderful way for working professionals, stay home parents or military personnel stationed overseas to further their education without having to attend classes on a physical campus (we offer a BIG discount to Active Duty Military through the Extended Studies Division, with many of our Graduate sites being located on Military bases). Our Virtual Campus tuition rates are also lower than our Main Campus rates, so that is always a nice bonus!

Last edited by FloridaTish; 03-29-2014 at 11:41 PM.