Thread: My AI adventure
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think it's scoffing, but we more mature members who have served in one or more alumnae associations might have some valid concerns to address. I know my sorority has also recruited AI women in conjunction with a colony, but the last time I heard of it personally was in the 60's. Now I think the only way we actively seek AI is that all mothers of colony members are invited to join. That's not to say we don't have members join in any other method; we do. But it would be in the more commonly mentioned situations above - someone who is a big help through the university, a non-member advisor who has been a big help, close friend of a member who is very involved, etc.

But that being said, I believe I've read here that some NPC sororities while on a big push nationally have also pushed for AI to keep their alumnae in line with their collegians. And if an NPC sorority should get a chapter in BF Big Western State, I definitely could see them actively seeking out strangers to AI. But these again are FAR more the exception than the rule. These examples could serve to help the OP as she works toward this goal. Here's how you can be more appealing as an AI, not just "it can't happen no way no how."