Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy What to do?

This year I transferred to a university in the south (not an SEC school) from a community college as a sophomore. I had a lot of reasons for transferring, the biggest being that I'm currently going through cancer treatment and had a few complications and issues during the 2015-2016 school year. I still have about 9 months left of treatment, but was feeling better and decided that I was really ready to transfer.

I really wanted to be apart of Greek life in college. I thought that a sorority would be a great way to make friends. I felt a little better about formal recruitment because of the upperclassmen quota at my university. I went into recruitment excited and with an open mind. I felt that the first round went really well and I thought I had some meaningful conversations with some of the girls. However, for second round I was only asked back to two houses with the potential to be asked back to eight and more than ten choices. The two I was asked back to were not my favorites, but I kept trying. Right before preference night, I was cut from one house and only had one left. I still tried, but it did not feel like the right fit. I ended up dropping right before I was supposed to list my preference. The combination of feeling really sad about the process and not feeling too good about the house I had left led me to drop.

I don't know if it's that I'm not as pretty anymore due to my hair being really short, or not knowing people in the houses, but I was really disappointed.

I've signed up for COB, and I'm starting to meet more people in sororities. Do you think there's a chance that COB or Winter Recruitment could work out for me? I wanted a chance to check out a few other sororities a little better. I'm not sure if there's anything I should do or even could do about this. But I'm still really upset almost three weeks later. Do you have any advice?