View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

In another awkward situation, I received a "Save the Date" email for a destination wedding in Traverse City, MI during the cherry festival. They included hotel information because rooms book up quickly that weekend (4th of July weekend). I don't know if my kids are invited or not. I took a quick family vote to see if they wanted to go spend a few days up there whether they are invited to the wedding or not and they said yes, they did. We haven't had a whole family vacation in a few years so we're going. If they aren't invited to the wedding, they are old enough to do stuff on their own anyway, at 19 and 17. Hypo has been up there with a group of friends on their own. I'm good with that. It is awkward not knowing whether they are invited or not and it feels rude to ask.

I emailed one of my cousins to see when they are going up and which hotel they had picked. I said "I don't know if the kids are invited or not but they said they want to go up there for a few days and will go do something on their own if they aren't." She'll probably find out for me, based on that...lol.