View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 04:38 AM
GreekChat Member

So, round 2 was next, Philantropy round. Laura feared that she would get only a few houses on her schedule. The most she could get was 12 & even her Rho Chi told her that the chances of that was slim, she had only gotten 5 when she was a PNM. She was relieved to get invited to 8 houses! She was a bit bummed that Myrtle Beach had dropped her, but she was quite happy with most of her other houses. Galinburg, Niagra Falls &Indianapolis were all on her schedule and not favorites but she decided to keep an open mind, maybe they were just nervous. I had told her how hard it is to be an active chapter member during recruitment. She also keep hearing me say over & over to not eliminate any houses if she wanted to be guaranteed sisterhood after Pref party. As long as Laura had invites, she knew she should accept them. She enjoyed all that the houses had to offer & really tried to connect with the service projects. After 2nd round was over she ranked her choices, still putting Cabo & Ft. Myers at the top & Indianapolis, Gatlinburg & Niagra Falls on the bottom-she still just did not connect with them yet.. Laura was starting to feel quite a connection to New York City, Savannah, & Nashville. She had great conversations there. She told me she was having a great time & was very excited, by the end of her house visits she was no longer bummed about Myrtle Beach. After all, she didn't even know if any of her recs appeared to the chapters & since she didn't know anyone going through this process until she got on campus, she felt really proud of herself for doing so well. Her roommate was a legacy to a house that did invite them both back but she knew from talking to me that anything could happen in Alabama!

"Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring"

Sisters Together Forever...