View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Okay, the rest of open house:

Aquatic Blisses. Super-nice rushers, and a gorgeous house. I remember just being overwhelmed because there were so many girls. They had really cute shirts, and looked nice without being overdone.

Sensual Curves. These girls were really dressed up, I thought, considering that the PNM's were in t-shirts. They were in sundresses, and they were very formal. The house was pretty, but had the museum vibe, as in, I was afraid to touch anything. I actually recognized the rush chair (she had dated one of my brother's friends), but didn't want to say anything about it.

Petite Passions. This chapter was noticeably smaller than the others, and they had 2 actives for every 3 rushees. I thought I had to be sure I said enough that they would remember me. Their skit was pretty sloppy and unrehearsed, but I thought maybe it would be nice to be in a smaller chapter.

Ripplers. I don't remember much about this chapter, but the girls were really nice, and I got to talk to one person for a long time, which I liked.

Ice Pearls. This was probably the house I knew the most people in, but I didn't know the girl who rushed me. I remember that they were giving out awesome snacks, and they talked a lot about which fraternities they hung out with.

Marvels. This was another chapter with 2 actives for 3 rushees. They gave us a house tour, and I liked the fact that they didn't do a skit. The girls were showing me their photo album, and talking about the philanthropy, and they had a picture of my brother and his friends, whose team had won last year's tournament. They told me that they were close with his house, and the first social of the year was with them, so I thought that was cool, and they also had an exchange with the other house I had a lot of friends in.

Wicked Lights. Another house where I noticed that there were a lot of blondes. They were again really dressed up, and I didn't like it when I sat in a chair and my rusher sat on the floor in front of me. They were rotating too quickly to really talk, I think.

Love Silks. I don't remember much about this house, except that the skit was really really funny.

So that was the end of round 1. We used SORUSH at the time, so I decided I wasn't going to rank them in my mind until I saw what invites I got back. We had to meet our RC's at 7am to do the paperwork, then began the next round around noon.