View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
You also have to realize that as a New Yorker it doesn't matter to me personally that we have only a handful of chapters in the South or Midwest. When I was in college, we had almost twenty chapters in New York State many within a two hour drive of my campus. Not too many other sororities can make the same claim.

My campus had 7 sororities including 6 NPCs, 4 of which would be considered smaller. We didn't have any of the 5 that breathesgelatin's campus has or might have in the future. Ironically, two of the largest three sororities on campus were smallest in terms of number of chapters inter/nationally. I guess things are different in the North and New York.
I'm first generation Greek, too. I wouldn't have known the difference, either, honestly, except for the fact that I was thrown into the mix of people's whose mammas and mammas mammas and mammas mammas mammas had been KKGs, and they knew they were going to be, too! LOL

It really is amazing how different things are in the North! These problems just may not occur there as much... It's like a different world.. I think it's great that smaller groups can succeed there, and I wish it was the same for the south (not that there aren't great chapters of smaller groups in the south--there just aren't as many chapters). I think what we're all asking is--how can we get there?