View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Working to get there

I am interested in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated but feel as though I am being shunned by the members on campus.
I also feel as if i'm not yet qualified enough to present myself to them, even though they are just regular people I feel as if I'm not yet qualified to be in the organization.
I do not meet the GPA requirement because I played around a lot my first year of college and did not take it seriously, but am on a recovery path now. I the PR chair for an off campus mentor program, the secretary for our university's health outreach org (which involves on campus and off campus service) and also on the E-board for NCNW.
I have expressed my interest to one of the members of the Spring '13 line and ever since then it feels as if they have shunned me as a unit. I am friends with members of other greek organizations and they said that is the natural reaction of members to shun you once you express interest. Should I just continue to make myself known to them and attend all the meetings and programs? Should I not take their reaction towards me personally?

I know getting chosen for the next line is also about knowing members and I currently know more than half of the neos and was wondering if that gives me an upper hand in getting chosen?