Thread: chaplain ideas?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

WFLEO you have some amazing ideas. Our chapter wasn't as religious as yours and we had a lot of non-affliated girls but our chaplain was still a pretty important position.

Some of the things we've adopted for the position have been:

* Creating the save our sister program (aka SOS) where we had a shoe box decorated that had a slot big enough to slip an index card in it and there was an index card box with empty index cards next to the shoebox. Any sister who was worried about another sister or knew a sister that needed a little help emotionally would fill out an index card (she could sign her name or have it be anonymous) and explain why she felt sister X needed a pick me up. The chaplain would empty out the box once a week and would send the sisters that needed some support little gifts through the school mail system.

* I've heard MEVP sometimes does this but our chaplain would get sisters together to make care packages for sisters who were abroad so they knew we were thinking about them.

* I like the 15th psalm interpretation workshop that WLFEO mentioned. I think thats a great idea because you dont have to be religious to appreciate the 15th psalm and what it means for the sorority.

Sorry I dont have more! But hope these help.