View Single Post
Old 10-25-2000, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sigmagrrl:
It's the part about not being eligible to pledge another sorority for one calendar year if you decline a bid offered to you. I personally think that this should be changed.
I am with you, sigmagrrl. When I filled out my Bid Card, I was "bullied" by my Rho Chi to put down a sorority that I did not want to join (They were #7 for me out of 7 sororities.). She told me that I HAD TO put down ALL of my pref parties (we weren't allowed to decline any pref parties). I would have been better off putting down the 4 that I did want to be in, and if no bid was forthcoming, at least I would have been eligible for COB. As a result, the sorority that I did not wish to join did bid me, and I declined. Then I was stuck for a year. It was a very upsetting and devastating experience. I think to let girls try again in the next semester is a little less extreme. How I wished that I had better understood that whatever you write on your Bid Card essentially means that you will accept a bid from any of those sororities.

For those of you who oppose the 1 year hiatus, I would like to ask if you got your 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice?

[This message has been edited by CutiePie2000 (edited April 16, 2001).]