View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
My husband and I are going to his cousin's wedding this weekend, and I think it may be a doozy. Our invitation came addressed to "Dave and Samantha", which would be fine...if my name was Samantha. My shower invitation had the correct first name, but the last name was spelled incorrectly. To top it off, I received an e/m from the bride-to-be yesterday, and I'm still shaking my head. It reads, it part, " For those of you who have yet to buy us a gift, please note that our registry has been completed. Etiquette requires that your cash gift must at least cover your dinner. We paid $29.00 a plate, so each couple at minimum should give at least $60.00. Also, please note that we are having a money tree to help pay our honeymoon expenses. Thanks."

My husband has been begging me not to give them a copy of Emily Post's Etiquette as a gift. Sadly for him, it's already been purchased..I just don't know if I'm mean enough to give it to them.
You should give her/them monogrammed thank you notes, that way she/they has no excuse to not send any. Hell you could even include some stamps to cover your slice of cake

Am I crazy that I don't expect anything at my wedding except for people to show up? When I was getting married it was so hard to do a registry because we had almost everything we needed from living as grown adults (wanted is a whole other matter). We did a registry to make it easy for people who did want to buy us a gift, but it was Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond as kitchen stuff is always nice.

I have a friend who registered for wedding stuff, got it, and got so much crap it is still in boxes in storage as they have no need for their 12 place setting china service. What a waste of space, gifts they don't even use.