View Single Post
Old 04-21-2001, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by imsohappythatiama:
We don't know who "cheeryoohs" is . . . I sent him/her an email (as did others in our pin-rescuing-group), and none of us has received a reply.

So, until we hear from this "cheeryoohs," it's open bidding season (unless, of course, we hear she's a Kappa).

I'm not really sure why this pin is fetching such a high price . . . it's not an old pin--it's from the 1970s. We know who the original owner was, but can't get a hold of her--she hasn't kept her address updated with HQ.

One reason that this pin may be going so high is that it is sapphires and diamonds. You don't see those a lot.

What I can't seem to understand is: why do Kappa pins seem to go for so much more than other pins I watch, like AXO, XO, and DDD? I always see KKG, PiBetaPhi, Theta, and Alpha Phi pins going for a TON of money! On the fraternity side, I see Beta Theta Pi, FIJI, Sigma Chi, and Kappa Sig pins going for big bucks, and Pi K A, Theta Chi, Delta Chi, and others going for around $100 or so.

Can anyone make sense of this????
These fraternity pins that go for such high prices are very significant. Consider the date the fraternities where founded( for instance im a kappa sig and we were founded in 1400) would this not make a big deal to you.