View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I don't get these videos either, never have. I think the thing that I don't get the most is the total lack of words or explanations of things.

For example - I know the pool scenes were part of Anchor Splash, but if I was a clueless PNM I might think "if I can't swim, will I get cut from this sorority?" It doesn't explain what Anchor Splash is with even a caption. I am not picking on this chapter or on DG - all the videos are the same way.

That's the whole generation though. Our national magazine has gone from having detailed reports of chapter activites (rush, homecoming, philanthropy etc) to a photo with a perfunctory caption. We're organizations based at institutions of higher education. I think the least we could do is express ourselves with something other than pretty pictures.

(This kind of got ranty. Sorry.)
I agree. WAAAY BAAACK in time when the most a "rushee" could expect to see would be a slide show is that someone was narrating the slide. They'd share the information about philanthropy, social events etc..IMO it's rare to find a video that shares why a PNM would want to join that group.