View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a little fly in the ointment: In some parts of the country it is very possible to go to teachers, parents' friends, coworkers etc. to find recs. But I have to say that in my area (west Los Angeles and to a lesser degree the valley...as for the valley you know who you are ) there were very few Greek women. Most of the sorority women belonged to one of two sororities (AEPhi or SDT). Yes, lots and lots of AEPhis and a few SDTs. And I have a wide circle of friends. In my entire social network I am aware of one ADPi, a Chi Omega (her husband works for my husband).............and with my daughter's friends ONE ADPi. Teachers here tend to be non Greek.

It may really be difficult for some girls to get recs. My daughter had three, although I was told she had one to DG where she pledged. (She didn't. The girl said that she wrote it and didn't.) And her school is HIGHLY competitive.

I do not have a solution to the problem. I am merely telling it like it is. I am absolutely not ridiculing others' advice. I am merely saying that some girls may find it nearly impossible to find a diverse cross section of recs.