Thread: Omega Financial
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Considering that your chief financial officer is a fellow student and not necessarily responsible enough to keep track of dues, it's well worth whatever the cost to allow someone else to take that burden away from them.

At one point in our colony days, we had a treasurer quit school in the middle of his term. A quick review of the books showed that he had neither been keeping track of dues nor paying them himself.

We got Omega and that's no longer an issue or a possibility. There's instant oversight from the chapter's financial adviser and the President. There's a great reporting system where the financial officer can take 2 minutes before meeting and be able to see the whole financial picture with a very limited amount of effort.

Also, when I was treasurer, I found that offering guys the ability to pay dues by credit card worked wonders for my bottom line.

Somehow, I managed a 100%+ collection rate and really don't feel like I had to do much to succeed.

Yeah, there are tons of threads on Omega, but they are great.

As a side note, some organizations are founding their own Omegas Fi-like organizations.

I believe that Sigma Nu is working on some sort of service as we speak -- it makes sense. All of those profit dollars could go into HQ's operating fund instead of into some other company's bank account.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma