View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
First, as long as the US continues to commit capital punishment we don't have a leg to stand on. And at least beheadings are instant. Secondly, please refer above to the Middle East is not Saudi Arabia. Beheadings are legal in Saudi Arabia (our ally), Qatar (our ally), Iran and Yemen. And I believe only in Saudi and Iran are they public spectacle. And of course in the US they are very much public spectacle. Most of the spectators just don't get to be inside watching the mayhem.

I would rather have no capital punishment and treat our citizens with dignity. Until then I'd rather have the ones who we choose not to slaughter be treated with dignity. And that means healthcare and education.
this (major +1, again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
President Obama's Supreme Court nomination...basically y'all take this 63-year-old highly qualified moderate jurist or wait for Hillary to nominate a 40-year-old liberal who will give y'all the bizness end for 30+ years. ....assuming y'all don't want to bet on Trump.

I see what you did, Mr. President.
And this.

As for voting: it is a civic duty and responsibility. My feelings have nothing to do with it. It's on me to be informed, and act accordingly.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity