View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Thetalady, Oh, no, Obama is respected internationally. For several years running he has been named the Most Admired Man internationally. DubaiSis likely has a better take on that than I for that part of the world.

I get first hand reports from friends in Colombia, specifically the northern Caribbean coast. This includes Colombians as well as a former country director. I also read the online papers in Colombia, both the two national newspapers as well as those on the coast. The Cartagena newspaper called Obama "The Best Mayor Cartagena Has Ever Had!", this for Obama's successful plan to put into place personal security measures to attract travelers to their World Heritage city. It worked. The last time I was there (2010) there were tourists from literally all over the world. The drug violence there has been greatly diminished. Not entirely gone, but substantially diminished. The current president has continued this progress.

But I digress. I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting. It was Obama who tracked down and eliminated Osama Bin Laden as well as other Al Queda and ISIS/ISIL kingpins. He doesn't paint all Muslims/Middle Easterners with the same brush. Nor should he or anyone else IMO.

Chi Omega