View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom90 View Post
I am certain since many of my comments were taken out of context here, you are referring to me, and none of those unkind words were spoken by me about any chapter on Alabama's campus. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought this was an open forum where people could ask questions and get some answers about something that admittedly, I have fallen way behind on since my college days 30 years ago.
There have been MANY women on this forum who have given educated, intelligent and kind answers to my questions, and for that I am most grateful. It has taken an experience that was heartbreaking for my daughter, and made it understandable to us......and after learning of some things, I personally said that my child needs to focus on her education, and that this probably worked out for the best. I think any good mother hurts when her child hurts, and would love to take it away, but as they begin their college careers, we have to learn to let go.
Your generalizations about a stuggling sorority are both rude and tasteless, and I in no way intended to generate this type of talk.
Thank you again to the great women who answered my questions with professionalism and class.
And for those of you who were concerned for my daughter, she is really doing well.......she spent a few days away, and is now ready to begin classes on Wednesday with a positive attitude!!!!
Don't take it personally. It's really not directed at you or your daughter; it's directed at a trend. If you'd been reading all the recent threads, you'd see how common what LL mentions is.