View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels&angles View Post
In a sense, both. At least the way we did it in my chapter, actives are assigned to bump to other certain actives, but a lot of times whoever is running recruitment for the week will make sure that a PNM who knows a sister will see her. Generally, the idea is for a PNM to meet as many actives as possible, but also get to see someone she knows (and is reassured that her friend sees her / acknowledges her). If the recruitment is run well, for the rest of the week (if you return to that house) you may not see much of your friend, but IF you're there for pref, she may be paired with you. That's my guess anyway.
Ditto. This is exactly what would happen in the majority of sorority chapters. If you make it to pref I can almost guarantee you that she'll be there (unless there is another woman at the same pref party that she knows better), but it's likely that the only contact with her during the rest of the parties until then (pending your invitation) are waves across the room and things of that nature.