View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix16 View Post
A bid week activity my chapter did when I was a new member was a "sister scavenger hunt." There were fun facts about sisters around the room and as teams, we had to try to match the facts to the sisters. It got us to talk to all of the sisters and we struck up conversations about common interests and random connections we had. I instantly started to feel connected because I learned about the other new members and the active sisters while playing a game and having fun!
Your description sounds like a matching game, not a scavenger hunt. The game you played connected sisters socially for the betterment of house unity.

Our era featured scavenger hunts where female pledges (remember those?) walked from frat house to frat house requesting very specific items such as their 1970 frat house composite, a used condom or a frat house president's signature on a pledge's bare thigh. THAT'S the type of scavenger hunt the NPC now asks us to avoid.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.