View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhelrose View Post
I'm confused by this article and hope someone who knows the situation better can clarify. What does the situation at Penn State have to do with this university? Beta does not appear to have a chapter at Monmouth and the university is not in Pennsylvania, so I don't see how the two are related.
It's a Search Engine Optimization tactic - just a way to make the story rise higher in search results to get more clicks.

As for the article story:

- It's another article which takes only the perspectives of the administration into account (no mention of how similar community suspensions have proven ineffective - UCF has done two in four years and still has extreme issues no matter which policies they put into place)

- A troubling element is that the housing is unrecognized, so any activities taking place during the suspension are more likely to be kept secret, increasing the chance of danger or that a dangerous incident will not be promptly reported

- To say that the students must come up with a decision because "top-down mandates don't work," but then to turn down the student's decision because it does not meet criteria set at the top is contradictory at best.

I really have a hard time understanding the method behind some administration's actions, but nonetheless here's hoping that the students at Monmouth stay safe throughout the suspension.
Instagram
FraternityMan.com